Saturday, March 01, 2008

EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE

Isn't this saying the truth? Armchair fight strategists kill me. People make all of these assessments about how fast, powerful, flexible, or skilled someone is without watching them fight. This doesn't even make sense to me. Nearly every time that I competed I was scared. I have typically always assumed that an opponent had what it took to beat me. Until they proved me wrong.

So I guess that many game plans are built upon arrogance which leads to having your face rearranged. I don't mean that as a euphemism either. I am talking about people getting straight fucked up.

My opinion is that a person can't really strategize until they have been punched in the face... a lot. I am not saying that you have to be a professional fighter, but you have to be willing to go and test some techniques to learn when and how to use them. No I am not saying to get into a street fight. A decent fighter could go out and whip street thugs until their wind gave out. I am saying grab a person from your dojo, qwoon, or training facility and get punched in the face before devising a plan. If you haven't been punched in the face and you have a plan that is the same as having no plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home