Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Fight Science

I don't agree with everything in here, but it is nonetheless interesting. There are some problems with the show. For instance Kung Fu is touted as being weaker than Tae Kwon Do; however, the Kung Fu man is much smaller. Let's face it they are both equally weak. What I find telling is that the the boxer who is less fit than the other fighters has the hardest punch.

Finally, not to go into every detail, but I have to say something about Ninjitsu. While I agree with the general point that some parts of the body are weaker than others, there is no mystery to pressure points. I would suspect that any tough-guy or athlete could name at least one or two. These weak spots require tremendous force from a strike, timing, appropriate technique, and fitness. I have never known of a ninja who possessed all the necessary elements. Case in point, the ninja in this program strikes the solar-plexus but picks the worst strike to do so a horizontal hammerfist.


part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home