Monday, May 28, 2007

Larry Bird Quotes

I found some Larry Bird Quotes that show how times have changed. I think that in the 70's and 80's this language was much more common and maybe even acceptable. The first time that I remember this language starting to become unacceptable was when Jimmy the Greek got fired for his comment, "During the slave period, the slave owner would breed his big black with his big woman so that he would have a big black kid—that's where it all started."

I guess I am glad that people don't talk this way as much as they used to. Sometimes these comments can be funny when meant purely in the spirit of humor, but more often than not someone gets offended. Anyway here is one of his comments (the rest you can read thought he link). Larry is a white guy, I suppose that he can poke fun at white guys for not taking basketball seriously.

"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game."
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/larrybird153140.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home