Saturday, February 03, 2007

Colts Receivers

I have to tell you that I get a little bit annoyed with all the criticism of Peyton Manning and hit so called inability to win the big game. If you ask me it is the inability of Marvin and Reggie to get open that causes more problems than anything. Moreover, Marvin is just unwilling to sacrifice his body at all. I have not seen him go up and fight for a ball even once this year. In fact, I have witnessed quite the opposite. Twice this year; he caught passes and was stripped only to have them ruled interceptions. Reggie just seems to be a non-factor a lot. The bottom line in my estimation is that they definitely lack the mental toughness and maybe the physical ability as well. Sure, in the regular season, stay healthy don't kill yourself, but in the playoffs you have to get tough. Granted any professional football player is tough; however, until I see Marvin and Reggie get tough and make some catches where they take some hits, and snatch balls from corners, they will never be great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Peyton's inability to "win the big one” goes all the way back to when he was at Tennessee, even though he had a 39-6 record as a starter. I just don’t think a QB can make it to the level Peyton Manning has with out winning some “big ones”. Every NFL team would jump at the chance to trade for or sign Peyton Manning because he is the best QB in the game. The media likes to add some elements of drama to games for ratings even when it is misleading.

1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home