Sunday, July 30, 2006

I Locked My Keys in My Car!

I was laughing almost uncontrollably today because I locked my keys in my car which hasn’t happened in a while. It reminded me of the scandal I caused at my undergraduate alma mater when I would do something like that. I don’t know the full details, but It is my understanding that there was a group of people who took great joy in keeping track of whether I left my lights on, locked my keys up, or spilled mustard on my shirt. I guess; you could say that I had paparazzi.

Thinking back on it, I am not quite sure what was wrong with these people. The nearest that I could figure is that they really did not have enough to do. I had transferred from a more traditional campus where I had gotten used to what I would call grinding exhaustion. Throughout most of my undergraduate career I worked about 25 to 30 hours per week, taught martial arts, took several 17+ credits semesters, and took a lot of time intensive courses. My paparazzi on-the-other-hand typically took 12 credits per semester, worked less, took less time intensive courses, and missed out on achieving some of their goals.

Why was I laughing? The answer is simple; I laughed because I could not be more pleased with myself and how things are going for me, and I find it infinitely hilarious that my paparazzi just never got it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home