Friday, June 15, 2007

The 3 Things on My Mind

1. I cut my own hair today. Granted, it was only a buzz, but it looks decent. I have tried to do this before, but it never worked. I think that what helped me is that I was careful. I am usually not careful enough so so I have always had to shave it. In addition, I bought higher quality clippers, and the right kinds of clippers.

2. Tim Duncan is not the best power forward ever. As Bill Walton pointed out, Tim Duncan is a center. He is the jumper for the spurs, 6'11", and weighs 260. What is my point? My point is that someone with that many physical gifts needs to be held to center not power forward standards. Finally, Tim Duncan cannot be the best power forward because Charles Barkley is. You don't Believe me? Check the stats
Charles Stats
http://www.nba.com/history/players/barkley_stats.html
Tim Stats
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/career_stats.html

There is not much difference in their career stats, but remember that Barkley has played out a career and gone through the late-career decline where Tim has not. Not to mention, Barkley is a much better ball handler, jump shooter, and leader. Some may suggest that Duncan is a better defender, but I would suggest that is is only a better post defender, Barkley was a more versitile defender. Finally, who would you be more scared of with the ball at the end of a game Barkley or Duncan? Well I will tell you, Barkley. Why? because he has more skills and can do more with the ball. Tim Duncan is a Center and if he were a power forward, Barkley is better.

3. I thought that when I moved to Dayton from my crappy hometown that people would somehow be smarter on average. However, I can't say that is the case. Of the fast food restaurants that I frequent here, non of them get my order correct. There is a problem every time that I go there. The level of incompetence in Dayton is just as high as anywhere else if not worse. Maybe there is something in the water?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home