Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wisdom

As I get older, I have learned that a lot of the things that I thought were true as a child really weren't. What made me think of this is my job. When I was young, I thought that old people were stupid. There are a number of people in their late 50's and early 60's who have it going on. My point is, looking back, old people weren't stupid; it was just that a lot of the old people that I knew were stupid. Plus, psychology has taught me that people in late adulthood can have some great skills.

Anytime that I think of the wisdom I have gained over the last however many years. I often think about how much I would like to share it with an eager young mind like a son or a daughter. I don't mean just what I think about old people, but stuff like, how to workout, how to kickbox, how to solve math problems, and what it means to take a logical perspective on life. It's weird though. I guess that you say that I would like to have some kids so that I can pour all of my good ideas in them. Maybe it is arrogance something, but I think that I have a lot of good information that is worth preserving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home