Friday, July 06, 2007

Pants Off Dance Off

So I was watching this TV show called the Pants Off Dance Off. It involved people stripping to their underwear while being judged by professional dancers. The show was retarded, but before I gathered my strength to turn the channel, I watched the first contestant. She was a total moron as one might expect. She was dedicating her performance her high school principal who told her that she would go nowhere in life. Well first of all, her principal was right. Being on the Pants off Dance of does not mean that you have arrived. Second, she really thought that she was something because she had been living in NY and working as a model for a while which brings me to my next point. I posit that as long as a girl doesn't have fat rolls she can probably model for a living; however, some girls who have fat rolls still model. My point is this: women don't have to be attractive to model. If you want to pose nude for art students, work for local artists, or generally take low level work then, you can model and waitress to make ends meet.

I don' t see modeling as noble work. It would seem to me that it is the kind of thing that you do when you don't have anything else that you can do and you need money, like stripping. Maybe it is an "I need feel pretty" thing. If you ask me, to some extent, modeling exists because mannequins can't dress themselves and are hard to pose the way you want. Therefore, it is easier to hire someone who is a little smarter than a mannequin to dress themselves and stand the way you want. Also, there really aren't that many women who are so good looking that guys almost have to look at them and actually have the ability to sell something independent of an advertising scheme. I am not saying that you have to be a supermodel to model; I just don't get it. As I said, modeling has a purposes, but it isn't something to brag about on national television.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home